Thursday, April 27, 2006

Site Feedback

Site Feedback
Comments on the new site:

Just from a first glance this new mock up looks great! I think it has a real 'idealist' look and feel. This is a big improvement from the second mock up. Great work guys! I would like, however, to officially put my vote in for icons. I like them. Comparing this version to the first mockup, I really find the icons useful.

First time page:
What I liked:
" Search box on the top is very clear and useful
" Member login and new member signup are very clear and right there, single entry point. I like it.
" Inclusion of the different subheadings under 'Find' 'Connect'. This really makes what these different things actually mean very clear and I think keeps some of the usability that I like from our current site
" Generally everything looks clear and is not too overwhelming

Possible adjustments:
" Although I like listing all the different things - orgs, volunteer, jobs, etc - the events are so much longer than the other categories it looks kind of funny. I wonder if there is another way to do this?
" I like the idea of having the whole homepage fit on one screen. How would it look if the resolution was a little tighter on the top allowing space for the whole page on one screen? Maybe the logo and search box could be smaller?

Home logged off:

What I Liked:
" Again I find the overall feel and layout to be clear and intuitive.
" I LOVE where the upcoming events are placed!

Possible adjustments:
" Same issue with the overall size of the page. I know we are trying to fit so much information onto the homepage but is it possible to have it fit on one screen? Maybe it is my resolution that makes it this way? Maybe it would fit better with a smaller logo and search bar?

Home page logged in:
" Looks good.
" Is this a replacement for the original Main Menu?
" I think I like the customizability of the first mockup for the main menu better as a user page.

Find:

I like this version. Good work! I am still missing the icons, however.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home